Welcome to B. Garza Middle School
"Our Pride Runs Deep"
Beatriz Garza Middle School Vision Statement
The Beatriz Garza Middle School educational community will use its time and resources to implement a project-based learning environment to prepare our students for success in the 21st Century.
Technology Vision Statement
Students, parents, and educators will use communication and information technologies to enhance and expand the traditional role of education in Weslaco ISD. We believe the basic goal of education has not changed, that is to prepare our students for life-long learning and success in a changed society. However the tools and instructional methods to achieve these goals have advanced dramatically. Technologies such as computers, networks, and wide area communications offer tremendous opportunities to students and educators as a way to improve life within our community and a link to a world outside of Weslaco ISD. Beatriz Garza Middle School has the responsibility for developing curriculum and applying instructional methods enriched with technology and ensuring that our students and teachers are proficient users of these new technologies. Teachers at B. Garza Middle School will include in their lessons HEAT:
*Help students develop Higher-order thinking skills
*Provide Authentic real-world relevance and allow students to apply their learning to a real-world situation
*Technology use is connected to task completion (whenever appropriate)
This technology integration plan will outline our strategies for turning this vision into reality.
Summer School Info.
B. Garza students on Tuesday
· Students will receive their schedule/p.m. bus number on Tuesday (the first day of school.)
· All students must report to the cafeteria in the morning (cafeteria is located behind the main building)
· Breakfast hours: 7:30 a.m. – 7:55 a.m.
· Summer school hours: 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
· Students must wear their school uniform Monday – Thursday (no jeans)
· Buses will start running 6:00 a.m.
· Students must wait for their bus at regular bus stop.
· Students must adhere to the student code of conduct.